The NCGS Website allows members of the North Carolina Genealogical Society to submit articles. (This does not apply to library, society, and other institutional memberships.)
These articles are considered for publication on the website and in the NCGS News. Articles should be of general interest for genealogical researchers in North Carolina. Articles can be calls for papers for society speakers, announcements of family reunions or events of interest to genealogists, or pieces on how one can solve particular research challenges.
Articles should not be queries about specific surnames or requests for help with one's own research.
To submit an article:
- Go to the website.
- Log in.
- Click "Submit an Article."
- Add a title and some content.
- Set the Section. In most cases, you will set this to "News."
- Set the Category. In most cases, you will set this to "Latest."
- Decide whether you think the article should be on the home page of the site. Click "Yes" or "No" as appropriate for "Show on Front Page."
- (Optional): Set the Start and Finish publishing dates.
- Scroll back to the top and click "Save."
Once you have done this, your article has been submitted. On a weekly basis, members of the publications committee and/or technology committee go through the submitted articles and decide which articles to post.